From TechSource Gaming Symposium
You are here: Main Page > Registration
- $300 for ALA members, TechSource subscribers (Library Technology Reports or Smart Libraries Newsletter), and students
- $350 for nonmembers
- Registration will be limited to 350 people, so sign up early!
- Registration is now open for GLLS2008! We suggest you read the Registration Help listed below.
What Your Registration Includes
- Entry to all sessions of the event and breakout rooms
- Open gaming night with deep dish pizza buffet (Sunday, November 2)
- Continental breakfast Monday morning (November 3)
- Lunch Monday afternoon
- Snacks and coffee on Monday
- Continental breakfast Tuesday morning (November 4)
- One copy of Jenny Levine's April 2008 issue of Library Technology Reports, Gaming in Libraries Update: Broadening the Intersections
- A super secret surprise gift
- Free wireless in the hotel, both in the meeting rooms and in your guest room if you are staying on premises
- Free parking
- All the fun, gaming, and learning you can handle!
- The Symposium will be held at the Doubletree Oak Brook hotel, which is offering a special rate for attendees. Use this link to register to get the discount!
Doubletree - Oak Brook 1909 Spring Road Oak Brook, Illinois USA 60523 Tel: +1 (630) 472-6000 Fax: +1 (630) 573-1133
How to Register
- Click here to register online, via the ALA website
- You will need a credit card number to register online.
- Please read the help below if you plan to register online!
- Members: you'll need to know your login and password for the ALA website
- Nonmembers: you'll need to Set up a profile first before registering online
- Print a registration form, fill it out, and fax or mail it to us
- Use this option if you need to pay by check
- To book your hotel room, please use this link (in other words, click here) to receive a discount!
Online Registration Help
- First of all, we apologize up front if you encounter any problems registering online. Your first line of help is ALA's Customer Service hotline at (800) 545-2433, press 5.
- To log into the website to register for this event, you will need your ALA membership number and password. If you're not sure what these are, call Customer Service at the number noted above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unfortunately, when you click on the link above to register online, the page you land on doesn't say "gaming symposium" anywhere on it. Trust us, though, it's the right page, and you'll see indications of this once you begin the registration process.
- There are no special discounts for division members, but we couldn't remove that screen from the process. Sorry about that. It doesn't matter what you select, so we recommend just clicking on the "Next" button.
- We tried to indicate this on the forms, but the Sunday evening gaming is optional, and there is no additional cost to participate. We're just trying to get a head count for foodstuffs, so please check that box if you think you'll be coming attending that session, which will run approximately 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- We added one demographic question about the type of library in which you work in order to help connect attendees with each other. Unfortunately, ALA's registration system cannot ask this question without noting a time and cost on it. Rest assured that your registration covers the entire event and there is no additional charge for answering this question. Please just ignore this and check the appropriate box(es). We promise we won't rent, sell, give away, or misuse this information about you in any way.
Refund requests must be submitted in writing prior to October 28, 2008, and are subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Refunds will be processed and mailed after November 4, 2008. In the event that a TechSource-sponsored activity is cancelled, ALA and TechSource cannot be responsible for any cancellation/change charges assessed to registrants by airlines, travel agencies, or hotel/housing organizations.
Transportation to the Hotel
If you live in the region and you’re driving there, parking at the hotel is free, and directions are available on the hotel's website.
If you’re flying in, unfortunately there is no public transportation to the site. From either O’Hare or Midway airports, your best bet is to take a taxi. While you can certainly go to the standard taxi line and catch the next available one, you could also consider using American Taxi, which should be cheaper. When you arrive in the terminal and have your luggage, you can call them at (708) 424-7878 or use one of the transportation phone banks to reach them. They’ll ask what terminal you're in, then tell you which door to wait at, and give you a numbered taxi to watch for. The cost from O’Hare is $26 and from Midway, it’s $32. The taxi lines you see outside the baggage-claim doors are for Chicago cabs, which have a surcharge for going to suburban locations. The dispatch service will save you money. We’ve also started a page on this site for rideshares for those of you who might want to share a cab.
You are here: Main Page > Registration